Visual Lizard specializes in providing programming to our clients. We are currently working on many different types of projects including web and application development.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining web application code. You will be asked to develop custom code for web applications in CSS, xHTML, PHP and you will be using MySQL primarily for data storage. There will also be iOS and Android app development tasks.
Does this sound like you?
The ideal candidate:
- loves to learn
- takes immense pride in what they do
- can solve problems and enjoys doing so on a daily basis
- is able to multitask on the short-term jobs and focus in for long term projects
- manages their time effectively
- thinks wrestling matches with CoreData are fun!
- has examples of work they have done and is proud to show us the code
- can communicate effectively with clients when the need arises
- believes that the web is for everything and everyone
- knows what version control is
- has previous application development experience on the CakePHP framework
- is not intimidated by the command line interface
- sleeps and dreams in CSS
- has laid out their kitchen using models, views, and controllers
- has a playlist that features Jolene by Dolly Parton followed by Little Monster from Royal Blood
- enjoys an open office environment
- has a sketchbook nearby at all times
- At least one year of programming experience (PHP/MySQL is a must)
- Knowledge of Web Standards
- Experience in HTML, HTML 5, CSS, PHP (CakePHP framework knowledge a bonus), MySQL, DOMScripting, XMLHttpRequest, XML
- Is aware of XCode and the Swift programming language
- Familiar with standard graphics packages such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Has experience working with content management systems and can bend them to your will
This is a full time position with a 3 month probation period and can start as soon as you can. Salary is commensurate with your qualifications. We also offer competitive benefits packages and provide hardware/software.
Please apply with resume or an online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 17, 2015. We look forward to meeting you!
The Team at Visual Lizard