As we get older and wiser, we have come to the realization that long weekends are AWESOME! The May long weekend has always had a special place in the hearts of Canadians, as it is the unofficial kick off into summer. If you are spending the weekend in Winnipeg, here are some fun things to do:
- Fireworks at The Forks on Sunday May 20 at 10pm - who doesn't love fireworks?
- The Quilt of Belonging exhibition opens at the WAG - yeah, I know. A quilt? But after reading about the exhibition, what it represents and seeing the photos, I'm now intrigued and will be checking it out.
- Music, music and more music this weekend. Check out the ManitobaMusic.com calendar of events. There are some many good club shows that it is ridiculous.
- The Titanic Exhibition is showing and Tourism Winnipeg has details
- If you want to do a little fishing while in town, Fort Whyte has FREE FISHING all weekend.
- For a little more excitement, the Casinos of Winnipeg has great entertainment as well as their usual games.
- and finally, if you are travelling to the states on Highway 75, don't forget that you can use EmersonDutyFree.com to pre-order and have your items delivered to your car so you don't lose your place in line.
If you are heading out town to go camping, or visit the cottage, remember sun screen, bug spray, reading material, snacks, as well as warm, wet, and cold weather clothes. As we all know, the May long weekend weather can be unpredictable.
As for Visual Lizard, we are happily closed on Monday, May 23 to recharge our batteries. We will return to business as usually on Tuesday, May 24. Have a fantastic weekend everyone.
Julian, Doug, Ross, Wil, Dwayne and Max